Tuesday, September 14, 2010

DJ Marcus at Wear Grey

So, Monday September 13 I was scheduled to DJ from 7pm to 9pm slt for the Wear Grey fundraiser in SL for the American Brain Tumor Association. So, monday morning I sent out a plurk that I would match donations up to a total of $5,000L in hopes of attracting additional listeners to my event and more traffic to Wear Grey. So, monday night comes around and I head over to the SIM to get all set up. 7pm rolls around and time to rock, I fire up the tunes, send out notices and tps, friends from SL and plurk start rolling in and partying with me. The tips start rolling in slowly, picking up gradually as the size of the party starts to grow, till about 45 mins into my set, then the donations are coming in fast and furious and BANG! $5,000L! and it's only 7:50pm! My next live break comes up and I am speechless, amazed at how fast we reached the 5k point. So, being a man of my word, I kept my promise and matched the $5,000L donations reached so far. But, the night was just begining and things were about to get a whole lot better!

The 2nd hour of my set starts and the party is rocking now, everyone is enjoying the tunes and some friendly banter in local chat. When someone makes a comment about seeing me fully clothed. Now, for those that don't know me very well in SL, I don't wear a shirt very often, in fact it is rare to see me fully dressed lol. So, I decide a 2nd challenge for the night is due.

Marcus32 Vyper: ok... here is an idea

Marcus32 Vyper: I see 15k in that tip jar... I strip to my boxers

Followed shortly by:

Sanura Southpaw: I'll tell you what for the guys to have incentive to donate I'll strip to my bra and panties if we hit 15k also

WOW! So, this challenge came down at 8:16pm, with plurks and notices following right shortly. Would we hit the 15K mark?

HELL YEAH we did!!! At 8:26pm a few tips came in back to back to back to push it over the 15K mark! 10 minutes is all it took! We have reached over 15K in donations 1 hr 30 mins into my event! Simply amazing!! So, off comes my suit and tie, right down to my bright red boxer briefs. And Sanura does the same, right down to her purple bra and panties!

WOW, what an amazing night! The night soon ends with a total of $19,000 in donations raised for my event, I am completely amazed and speechless. Thus, bringing the total raised in 2 days for Wear Grey to over $321,000L. Far surpassing the total of aroudn $180,000 raised last year.

Well what an awesome night for an awesome event. Ms. Sanura Snowpaw and Ms. Arora Zanzibar have done an amazing job of putting this whole event together. Gathering vendors, dj's bloggers, live acts and much much more for this event. Wear Grey runs to September 25th with many more live acts and DJs to come. I was proud and honored that I was able to take part and make a small contribution for such a great cause and I thank each and every one of you that came out to support such a great cause.

1 comment:

  1. thank you for not only donating your time and talent but your support of Wear Gray.

    ReplyDelete